Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Mercury Retrograde Roller Coaster

By Cal Orey

Welcome the Mercury retrograde period. Simply put, the planet Mercury is linked to communication, truth, and travel. That means when Mercury tends to go backwards or we enter a time when the planet goes into "retrograde" your life can feel like it goes topsy-turvy for a few weeks. Worse, it happens a couple times each year. Fasten your seat belt because we're in the period now which began April 29 and will end May 23. But it's not all bad despite the twists and turns. Read on...

A Few Ups...
* Find lost items. Did you lose a favorite possession? No worries. During this time span you may just find it again! The day before the 29th (the pre-shadow window) my missing cozy slipper (my Aussie doesn't like me to wear socks) magically popped up in the hall closet. I was doing the happy dance in two soft and cozy black leopard print colored slippers that the herding shepherd of my dreams can't remove.

* Hook up with people, pets and possessions of the past. Hello Simon! Yes, my beloved past pooch popped up on Facebook memories on April 29. I needed another visit from him. After all, he was my Rock of Gilbraltar. His timely presence helped me get through a pre-Mercury retrograde challenge of the week (the lost FedEx package--full of my page proofs for VINEGAR, 3rd edition--en route to my publisher; it was found and delivered two days before the 29th!)...

* Discover reality. Ever wonder if something that is going on is really the real deal? During this period clarity can shine through miscommunication. It's like a miracle. If you sense someone isn't giving you the real scoop, you may be right and things will be crystal clear like a reader using a crystal ball. And remember, this is a time your intuition (sixth sense) may be heightened so do tune in not out...

...And Downs
* Travel goes haywire. I never believed in a mix-up due to a planet effect until it happened to me. Last fall I missed my flight connection by two minutes! Yep, blame it on the Mercury retrograde. We were so close yet too far. Two hour delay.

* Computer woes. I must warn you. Do not, I repeat do not purchase a computer during this time of chaos linked to communication. I did it last year. Fast forward. I have not used the new laptop as of yet. Mega mistake. Remember mix-ups with purchases can and do happen this time.

* Do not sign anything of importance to you until after the period ends. If you do sign you may live to regret it because of a myriad of loopholes. Wait, please wait until the 24th of May. Oh, and then you're in the clear until the next Mercury Retrograde period--August 30-September 22.

1 comment: